Volunteer Opportunites for Half Corked Marathon
Save the dates on your calendar for 2019! The Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association has been working hard to execute successful events to bring people to our region and share all that it has to offer. We couldn’t do this without the help of so many volunteers. This year we are looking for volunteers for the 8th Annual Pig Out and the 11th Annual Half Corked Marathon.
We are looking for volunteers to fill many different positions. Help us for a few hours, you will be sure to have fun, enjoy the event you are volunteering at, and be invited to the annual Volunteer Appreciation Party.
You will always have a great time, Volunteering at Oliver’s Events!
If you have questions or are interested in volunteering please contact Tracey email@example.com
Volunteer positions do fill quickly. We look forward to working with you.
OOWA Admin Team
VOLUNTEERS WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK A 3 – 4 HOUR SHIFT
PRIMAVERA PARTY Friday, May 24th
- Oliver Twist Estate Winery – Set-Up 10:00am-3:00pm
- Oliver Twist Estate Winery - event support 5:30pm-9pm
HALF CORKED MARARTHON Saturday, May 25th, 2019
- Half Corked Marathon - Race Directors, 4 hours starting between 7:30am & 9:30am
- Half Corked Marathon - Bus Loaders 7:00am-10:30am & noon-3:30pm
- Half Corked Marathon - Set-Up 7:00am-11:00am
- Dinner in The Park - Oliver Community Park - event support 5:30pm-9:00pm
We are looking for volunteers to:
- Wine Tent Supervisors: make sure tents have water, answer questions, observe pouring
- General Helpers: variety of tasks including, stuff swag bags, distribute plates work with garbage crew to keep cans empty, unload or collect glasses, set-up tents and running stations,
- Garbage & Clean Up: garbage around event site, stacking chairs, collapsing tables, recycling
- Traffic: Control /direct traffic, parking, control loading/unloading, bus zones and crosswalks.
- Security: assure NO patrons leave event grounds with alcohol. Validate entrants have stamps, wrist bands etc.
- Food and Wine Tent Runners: clean picnic tables, empty bus pans, check/fill water jugs, replenish plates, cutlery, serviettes, general cleaning duties, inform staff of full garbage containers
POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DURING THE EVENT TO ACCOMADATE THE NEEDS OF THE EVENT AND GUESTS – YOUR FLEXIBILTY IS APPRECIATED